'The 20th Anniversary of 'Transformers' is Now!'
On the planet of Cybertron ('Transformers' home world), the 'Transformers' war between the Autobots and Decepticons rages on. The Decepticons seek the domination of life-giving planets throughout the universe and only the heroic Autobot warriors - led by Optimus Prime - stand in their way.
Autobot losses are mounting and their desperate last stand takes a turn for the worse when the Decepticons introduce their new secret weapon: the massive Decepticlone Army. Created by the Decepticon leader Megatron, the Decepticlones are specialized robots built for the sole purpose of destroying the Autobots.
Defeat is at hand for the Autobots when a distress signal from the Mini-Cons, the long-lost third 'Transformers' race, reaches Cybertron. Stranded on Earth, the Mini-Cons have the ability to tip the balance of power in the ongoing 'Transformers' War. Knowing this, the Autobots and Decepticons race to Earth to find the Mini-Cons.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 'Transformers', Atari have announced that on May 11th, 2004 that they will release on PS2 the very first 'Transformers' video game.
This brand new game will feature:
* Single-player, third-person action/combat game with countless enemies, immense battles and intense Decepticon boss fights.
* Choose to play as Optimus Prime; Hot Shot or Red Alert.
* Instantly convert your Autobot from Robot form to Vehicle form for greater speed and mobility.
* Battle though 8 immense locations across the Earth and on Cybertron.
* Go one-on-one against evil Decepticon leaders including Megatron, Unicron, Starscream, Tidal Wave and Cyclonus.
* Rescue Mini-Cons to obtain offensive and defensive power-ups including Cluster Rocket Launcher, EMP Blast, Glide and Stealth.
Pre-Order the game right now by clicking this live link: