Title - An Evening with John Patitucci & Andy James
Artist - John Patitucci & Andy James
On the just-released An Evening with John Patitucci & Andy James, two gifted performers join forces to conjure an intimate evening of captivating music.
At a time when jazz aficionados around the world have been starved for musical experiences, the album recreates the sultry atmosphere of a candlelight nightclub as some of the most revered musicians in modern jazz perform classic standards.
Out now via Le Coq Records, An Evening with John Patitucci & Andy James features nearly 90 minutes of scintillating music featuring an incomparable ensemble.
In addition to James’ mesmerizing vocals and Patitucci’s bass mastery, the album boasts arrangements by piano great Bill Cunliffe for an ensemble that includes saxophonists Chris Potter and Rick Margitza, trumpeter Terell Stafford, guitarists Chico Pinheiro and Jake Langley, keyboardists John Beasley and Jon Cowherd, percussionist Alex Acuña, drummers Vinnie Colaiuta, Marcus Gilmore and Marvin “Smitty” Smith, along with powerful horn and string sections.
1. Autumn In New York (feat. Chris Potter, Bill Cunliffe & Vinnie Colaiuta)
2. Besame Mucho (feat. Chris Potter, Marvin “Smitty” Smith, Bill Cunliffe & John Beasley)
3. I Love You And Don’t You Forget It (feat. Chris Potter, Bill Cunliffe, Dan Higgins, Michael Dease & Alex Acuña)
4. To Dream As One (feat. Chris Potter, Jon Cowherd, Marcus Gilmore, Alex Acuña & Adam Rogers)
5. Moonlight In Vermont (feat. Terell Stafford, Vinnie Colaiuta & Bill Cunliffe)
6. Day Dream (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, Bill Cunliffe & Alex Acuña)
7. Blackbird (feat. Marvin “Smitty” Smith, Alex Acuña, Bill Cunliffe, John Beasley & Charlie Bisharat)
8. When I’m With You (feat. Terell Stafford, Vinnie Colaiuta, John Beasley & Alex Acuña)
9. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (feat. Chris Potter, Marvin “Smitty” Smith, Alex Acuña & John Beasley)
10. Unchain My Heart (feat. Marvin “Smitty” Smith, Terell Stafford, Alex Acuña & Bill Cunliffe)
11. Fire & Rain (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, John Beasley, Rick Margitza, Alex Acuña & Jon Cowherd)
12. Burn For Love (feat. Chris Potter & Vinnie Colaiuta)
13. Some Other Time (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, John Beasley, Rick Margitza, Alex Acuña & Jon Cowherd)
14. Laura (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta & Bill Cunliffe)
15. More Than You Know (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, Bill Cunliffe & Chris Potter)
16. My Heart Belongs To Daddy (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, John Beasley & Bill Cunliffe)
17. Angel Eyes (feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, Alex Acuña, Charlie Bisharat & Bill Cunliffe)
This simply heavenly, vocally velvety adorned new album opens on the sumptuous Autumn In New York and the tranquil embrace of Besame Mucho and backs those up with the vibrantly delicious upswing of I Love You And Don’t You Forget It, the lush orchestrations of To Dream As One and then the beautifully crafted balladry of Moonlight In Vermont.
Next up is the ornate flow of Day Dream and the gentle toe-tapper Blackbird and they are in turn followed by the seductive ode within When I’m With You, the gentle Latin vibe found within Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow and then we are brought forth the upbeat and full bloodied Unchain My Heart.
Along next is the sultry Fire & Rain and the slow burn (all pun intended) of Burn For Love and they are backed perfectly by the hopeful yearn of Some Other Time, the album rounding out on the mesmerizingly stellar Laura, the dulcet outreach of More Than You Know, closing on the joyously naughtily-sung My Heart Belongs To Daddy and then the pure piano gossamer of Angel Eyes is unwound for us to delight in.
Amazon Purchase Links
Le Coq Records @ Instragram