Title - 'Sirens - Music Inspired by Homer's Odyssey'
Artist - Craig Safan
For those not in the know, Craig Safan is an American composer for film and television, whose biggest scores include 'The Last Starfighter', 'Mr. Wrong', 'Stand and Deliver', 'Fade to Black', 'Major Payne', 'Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins', and music to the TV series Cheers, for which he won numerous ASCAP awards.
With a style consisting of often improvising as a form of composition that allowed him to quickly express himself, trust me when I say that his was the most perfect choice of composer for this highly expressive work of musical art.
For Sirens Inspired by Homer's Odyssey, out now via Varese Sarabande, the acclaimed composer has woven together 13 inspired tracks, all that have a connection to the iconic tales of Homerís The Odyssey.
1. 'Circe's Island' - (4:20)
2. 'Persephone: River of Tears' - (3:40)
3. 'Ithaka: Visions of Home' - (4:53)
4. 'On a Dolphin's Back' - (4:00)
5. 'She Sang Beyond the Genius of the Sea' - (4:16)
6. 'Melodius Discord' - (4:55)
7. 'Let Me Go, Calypso' - (3:39)
8. 'Penelope' - (3:20)
9. 'Poseidon' - (4:31)
10. 'I Have Heard the Mermaids Singing' - (5:00)
11. 'Twists and Turns' - (3:55)
12. 'Singer of Tales' - (3:22)
13. 'Icarus (To J.H.)' - (4:15)
Indeed, the tracks that make up 'Sirens' were enhanced by live players as well as sonic elements which Safan recorded while exploring the mythical landmarks of Sicily, the Aeolian Islands, and environs.
Thus, Sirens Inspired by Homer's Odyssey, as a musical album of work, is as compelling and intriguing - from start to finish - as Homer's The Odyssey ever was; and that's some feat right there.
Listening to each and every track - twice now, I'll have you know - the complete, new opus of work transports the listener into the world of Odysseus and the Sirens seamlessly; track to track.
Official CD Purchase Link