Title - 'Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances'
Artist - Whiteny Houston
With a bold, confident voice that commanded listeners to take notice and a body of work boasting some of the most upbeat and romantic recordings of the past three decades, Whitney Houston< (1963-2012) has long solidified her place as one of the 20th century's most significant performers.
But her ability to stun live audiences with her powerful vocal gifts has never been documented on an official release - until now. Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances captures decades of live recordings and unforgettable memories of a true music legend.
Whitney Houston, for my money, was the Gold Standard when it came to female vocal artists. 'I'll Always Love You' is still my absolute favorite of all of her songs. This live song alone is worth the price of this CD/DVD set. As sad as I am about her passing, I thank God that she lived, and blessed us with her incredible talent.
I have three grandchildren under the age of six, and I want to expose them to music that is timeless. Music that transcends generations. I had older siblings who exposed me to artists like Dakota Staton, Gloria Lynn, Nina Simone, Nancy Wilson, Ella Fitzgerald, Cannonball Adderly, Stanley Turrentine, etc.
So, as a youngster growing up, I had an appreciation and respect for artists who were great at their craft. I want my grand kids to grow up with that same appreciation. Hence, this superb live collection of all Whitney's songs sung live is just, well, breathtakingly incredible.
After she died, I purchased her Ultimate Collection, as I'm sure everybody on the planet must have done. I did it so that I could appreciate her exceptional talent any time I wished to. This CD/DVD collection, of course, does not disappoint either. All live tracks recorded on her tours all over the world, it contains some of her most memorable tunes, recorded when she was at her best.
This release features 16 live songs on CD and 19 performances on DVD including Houston's 1983 performance on The Merv Griffin Show, where she sang the song Home from The Wiz, her spine-tingling rendition of The Star Spangled Banner at Super Bowl XXV in 1991; and I Will Always Love You at The Concert for a New South Africa in 1994.
1. Home (The Merv Griffin Show, 1983)
2. You Give Good Love (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1985)
3. How Will I Know (The Brit Awards, 1987)
4. One Moment In Time (The 31st Annual Grammy® Awards, 1989)
5. Greatest Love Of All (That s What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990
6. I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (That's What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990)
7. The Star Spangled Banner (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
8. All The Man That I Need (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
9. I'm Your Baby Tonight (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
10. A Song For You (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
11. Medley: I Loves You, Porgy/And I Am Telling You Im Not Going/I Have Nothing (The 21st Annual American Music Awards, 1994)
12. I'm Every Woman (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
13. I Will Always Love You (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
14. My Love Is Your Love (Music Video BONUS DVD-ONLY MUSIC VIDEO)
15. My Love Is Your Love (Late Show With David Letterman, 1998)
16. When You Believe (with Mariah Carey) (The 71st Annual Academy Awards, 1999 BONUS DVD-ONLY DUET PERFORMANCE)
17. I Believe In You And Me (The 16th Annual World Music Awards, 2004)
18. I Didn't Know My Own Strength (The Oprah Winfrey Show, 2009)
I recommend Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances to anyone who appreciates Ms. Houston's melodious voice still to this day.