Title - 'Always: Expanded Edition' (Cherry Pop)
Artist - Hazell Dean
British-born Hazell Dean was a dance-pop singer who achieved her biggest success in the 1980's as one of the country's favorite Hi-NRG artists. A woman of many talents, she even participated twice in the A Song for Europe contest. She also provided backing vocals for Samantha Janus in 1991's Eurovision Song Contest.
Indeed, Dean gained initial success in the 1980's when she entered the UK Singles Chart with the double A-sided single, "Evergreen" / "Jealous Love" which peaked at #63. Two months later however, she scored her first Top 10 hit with the re-release of "Searchin' (I Gotta Find A Man)", which peaked at #6. Dean then released the follow-up "Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)" (which was produced by the musical force of Stock Aitken Waterman) which hit #4.
And now Dean's classic 1988 album Always is given a long-awaited Deluxe Edition reissue on the brilliant Cherry Pop label. Featured on this brand new 2-disc edition are an incredible 29, yes 29 tracks, that bring us all the original album tracks along with extended mixes, remixes, house mixes and even B-side bonus tracks.
Digitally re-mastered direct from master tapes held at the PWL, Abbey Road and Capitol Records archives, this Deluxe Edition - produced by the aforementioned powrehaus Stock Aitken and Waterman production team of the '80s and '90s - brings us a whole host of theirs (and, of course Dean's) classic SAW singles - Who's Leaving Who? (#4), Maybe (We Should Call It A Day) (#15), Turn It Into Love (#21), and the dancefloor smash hits They Say It's Gonna Rain and Always Doesn't Mean Forever.
Sadly, and yet in truth, by the time Hazell was ready for her comeback SAW had passed her on to Harding & Curnow for her comeback single Love Pains - which barely scraped into the UK Top 50. She returned to SAW in 1989 to record 'Can't Help The Way That I Feel,' which was then mysteriously taken from her and given to Sonia! Then in 1991 SAW did another song with Hazell, 'Better Off Without You' (originally a Lonnie Gordon track, which also flopped!
Anyway, and for all those Hazell Dean devotees out there, Always comes with an extensive, newly-created booklet that features additional photos, a fully illustrated discography complete with recording data, full lyrics, and an exclusive track-by-track commentary written just for for this release by Hazell herself! And the complete track-listing is as such:
1. They Say It's Gonna Rain 7" Version
2. Who's Leaving Who? 7" Version
3. Turn It Into Love
4. You're My Rainbow
5. Always Doesn't Mean Forever 7" Version
6. Maybe (We Should Call It A Day) 7" Version
7. Walk In My Shoes
8. Nothing In My Life
10. No Fool (For Love) The Murray 7" Mix (Bonus Track)
11. Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing Duet With Darryl Pandy (Bonus Track)
12. Stand Up 7" Version (Bonus Track)
13. Can't Get You Out Of My Mind (Bonus Track)
14. Love Ends, Love Parts (Bonus Track)
15. Walk In My Shoes Original Version (Bonus Track)
16. E.S.P. (Extra Sensual Persuasion) 7" Version (Bonus Track)
17. Who s Leaving Who? The Boys Are Back In Town Mix (Bonus Track)
18. Stand Up 12" Version Extended Version (Bonus Track)
1. E.S.P. (Extra Sensual Persuasion) Extended Dance Mix
2. Image In The Mirror
3. They Say It s Gonna Rain Indian Summer Mix
4. Always Doesn t Mean Forever My-Ami Mix
5. Turn It Into Love The Danae Jacovidis Edit
6. Walk In My Shoes Nightmare Mix
7. Who's Leaving Who? Bob s Tambourine Mix
8. Maybe (We Should Call It A Day) The Extra Beat Boys Remix
9. Turn It Into Love House Mix
10. They Say It s Gonna Rain The Zulu Mix
11. Turn It Into Love Alternative 12" Mix
CD Purchase Link