Title - 'On Golden Pond: Music And Original Dialog'
Artist - Dave Grusin
The delightfully moving 'On Golden Pond' was nominated for 10 Academy Awards, including best picture, and won Oscars for Henry Fonda and co-star Katharine Hepburn. Directed by Mark Rydell, the screenplay by Ernest Thompson was adapted from his 1979 play of the same name.
Norman (Henry Fonda) is a curmudgeon with an estranged relationship with his daughter Chelsea (Jane Fonda). At Golden Pond, he and his wife (Katharine Hepburn) nevertheless agree to care for Billy (Doug McKeon), the son of Chelsea's new boyfriend, and a most unexpected relationship blooms.
Dave Grusin's memorable score also received a well-deserved nomination. It is unquestionably one of Grusin's most effective and beautiful scores and now that beautiful soundtrack; along with some original dialog from the film, is available for the first time on CD.
1. On Golden Pond (Main Theme) (3:52)
2. First Call (Norman) (2:08)
3. Career Opportunities / Back Porch Confessional (Norman & Ethel) (6:08)
4. Illicit Sex Question (Norman & Bill Ray) (5:07)
5. New Hampshire Hornpipe (2:28)
6. Lake-Song (3:40)
7. Early Bird (Ethel & Chelsea) (2:47)
8. Purgatory Cove (Norman & Billy) (4:46)
9. Father-Daughter Relationship (Chelsea & Norman) (3:58)
10. Season's End (Ethel & Norman) (3:38)
11. On Golden Pond (Epilogue) (2:48)
The music is, as expected (especially if you are a fan of the movie) delightfully brilliant throughout. All 11 of the tracks are full, rich, invitingly mesmeric and, at times, hypnotic. Now inclusive here on CD with real dialog included, as the music plays gently beneath their spoken words, I beg you to close your eyes, sit back and let is all flow over you (unless you're driving at the time, of course!)
CD Purchase Link