Title - 'Into the Badlands (Music From The AMC Series)'
Artist - David Shephard
'Into the Badlands,' the hit AMC television series from the producers of Smallville, mixes high caliber martial arts with a post-apocalyptic world approximately 500 years after a war left civilization in ruins.
Created by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (Smallville) and stars Daniel Wu, Marton Csokas, Aramis Knight, Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger and Orla Brady, the drama is loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the Westand; and tells the story of a ruthless, well-trained warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.
The soundtrack features music by David Shephard and the main title theme by Warrior Blade. Word has it that Varèse Sarabande will be putting out the second season soundtrack later this year.
Shephard is an American composer working in Film and TV and along with this score for AMC's 'Into the Badlands', he has composed the score for the Netflix series, 'Longmire.'
Additionally, Shephard has composed and orchestrated for more than 40 features and television series.
1. 'Into The Badlands Theme' (Warrior Blade) (:39)
2. 'The Greatest Clipper In The Badlands' (2:04)
3. 'Training On The Fort' (1:26)
4. 'Quinn Addresses The Boys' (2:12)
5. 'Sunny Searches His Soul' (1:02)
6. 'Arrival At The Fort' (1:40)
7. 'Sunny Makes A Promise To Veil' (1:01)
8. 'Abbot Fight' (6:56)
9. 'Ryder Won’t Be Baron' (1:30)
10. 'Ride To The River King' (1:02)
11. 'Prelude To A Fight' (:44)
12. 'Sunny Sets MK Free' (2:10)
13. 'Arrival At The Abbots' (2:12)
14. 'Attack At Widow’s House' (5:05)
15. 'Lydia Returns Home' (2:34)
16. 'Lydia Is Inducted' (1:07)
17. 'MK and Tilda' (:49)
18. 'Veil Treats Quinn' (1:03)
19. 'Quinn Clips Dr. And Hannah' (2:52)
20. 'Widow Ambushes Jeep' (1:06)
21. 'The Graveyard Fight' (4:21)
22. 'Sunny and MK Make A Deal' (1:12)
23. 'MK Runs' (1:10)
24. 'River King Deal' (1:25)
25. 'Cogs Are Dead' (1:37)
26. 'The Journey Has Just Begun' (1:47)
With the post-apocalyptic scene set here for some martial arts combined stylistic acts, the incredible cinematography and invigorating fight sequences have obviously given Shephard a lot to work with musically.
From scene to scene to scene, it's obvious that he discovered richly textured characters, costumes, landscapes and story lines that conjured within him an immense wealth of musical ideas with which to play; as he created a sound and musical narrative for the TV series.
“How much more inspiration can one ask for than a sweeping, futuristic epic set in a dystopian, feudal world of master sword-wielders and supernatural forces?” asks Shephard himself.
To true, my friend. To true.
Official CD Purchase Link