Title - 'Joey Stuckey Presents: Ladies of the South'
Artist - Various
For those not in the know, The South has produced some amazing musical artists over the decades. Acts like Lady Antebellum, R.E.M., the B52’s, the Allman Brothers, Wet Willie, Jason Aldean, Little Richard, Otis Redding, James Brown, Jennifer Nettles, Trisha Yearwood, Indigo Girls, Black Crows, Collective Soul and many many more have pleasured us (if you pardon the expression) down through the years via our radio airwaves.
Here on Joey Stuckey Presents: Ladies of the South, blind Producer Joey Stuckey, official ambassador of music for his hometown of Macon, Georgia, has collected 12 songs written or performed by female artists from the south and showcased them in this compilation of exciting and powerful women!
On a stunning, and amazingly fresh sounding compilation you will find multiple genres covered, but it also serves as a shining example of what The South means to music lovers all over the world!
1. "What You See Ain't What You Get" - Shadow Bandits feat. Sue Lu
2. "Everybody's Pretty" - Kim Meeks
3. "Start Over" - Hugh Hession (feat. Camille Scoggins & Sue Tomlin)
4. "With You" - Someday Merry (feat. Eline Chavez)
5. "Danish Cookies Is My Name" - Vanessa Moses
6. "Box Labeled Questions" - Tyler Moore (feat. Camille Scoggins)
7. "Lonely Boulevard" - Katherine Daniel
8. "Letting Go" - The Vineyard Band (feat. Amber Pierce & Heidi Clinite)
9. "Home' - Louise Warren
10. "Lately (Morning Dove, Mourning Sparrow) [feat. Kim Meeks]
11. "Something More" - Stacy Hostler
12. "Johnny 9 (Blind Man Remix)" - TATB [feat. Rachel Elkins]
Up first is fireball track "What You See Ain't What You Get" from the Shadow Bandits featuring Sue Lu, and that's backed by both the night club hue of "Everybody's Pretty" from Kim Meeks and then one of my most favorite tracks out of the dozen, "Start Over" from Hugh Hession feat. Camille Scoggins & Sue Tomlin). It truly is a most beautiful, haunting at times cut and full deserves as much radio air play as anything that I've heard in a long, long time.
Next up is "With You" from Someday Merry (feat. Eline Chavez) which is followed by the uber fun '30s flashback aura of "Danish Cookies Is My Name" from Vanessa Moses, the stunning, liberating, soaring "Box Labeled Questions" from Tyler Moore (feat. Camille Scoggins), and then both the guitar-thrashing "Lonely Boulevard" from Katherine Daniel, and the first really Country-vibed track, "Letting Go" by The Vineyard Band feat. Amber Pierce & Heidi Clinite.
Then comes Louise Warren's lovely, heartfelt "Home", which is yet another of my stand out favorites on this great compilation. Next up is "Lately (Morning Dove, Mourning Sparrow)" from Doc Henderson (feat. Kim Meeks), and that is backed by the ballad "Something More" from Stacy Hostler,before the whole project comes to a close with "Johnny 9 (Blind Man Remix)" by TATB featuring Rachel Elkins.