'America's Test Kitchen: Season 15'
(Christopher Kimball / 4-Disc DVD / NR / 2015 / PBS)
Overview: Join Christopher Kimball and the cast of America's Test Kitchen to reveal the test kitchen's secrets to foolproof cooking at home. From the Best Chicken Stew and Shrimp Fra Diavolo, to the Best Baguette and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, these recipes will work the first time you try them.
DVD Verdict: My goodness! 'America's Test Kitchen - Season Fifteen' (I know, right!) is a four-DVD set packed with thirteen hours of delicious episodes of the most-watched cooking show on public television. Each of the recipes presented has been fine-tuned and tweaked to virtual perfection by dozens of expert test cooks. In addition to the recipes themselves, episodes offer taste tests of supermarket goods, ratings of assorted kitchen equipment and tools from blenders to personal teapots, and solid grocery shopping advice.
Indeed, watching this for the very first time, it's obvious that cooks of all skill and experience levels, from family meal providers to professional restaurateurs, are sure to appreciate the value, research, and practical wisdom found within 'America's Test Kitchen - Season Fifteen' (or any of the other seasons, of course!)
- Comfort Food Revisited
- Almond Cake and British Scones
- Pork Tenderloin Dinner
- Beefing Up Mexican Favorites
- Pasta Rustica
- Sweet on Custard and Cookies
- Chicken and Rice Get an Upgrade
- Seafood Specials
- Classic Fare with Flair
- Springtime Sweets
- Mahogany Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- The Italian Vegetarian
- Spa Cuisine Gets a Makeover
- Pizza and Cookies Go Gluten-Free
- Southeast Asian Specialties
- Great Grilled Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
- Favorite Ways to Catch of the Day
- Dinners in the Mediterranean
- Spicing Up the Backyard Barbecue
- Scallops and Shrimp Hot Off the Grill
- Introducing Caldo Verde and White Gazpacho
- Get a Rise Out of Your Eggs
- Let's Make Bread
- Two Ways to Unlock Asian Flavor
- A Meal to Celebrate Fall
- Baguettes at Home
As you can guess by now, 'America's Test Kitchen' is always guaranteed to satisfy! My inner geek loves all the research that goes into developing the perfect recipe and so I will most definitely add this to my now-growing collection of cooking-on-DVD sets. Oh, and it also includes printable versions of all the recipes shown! This is a Widescreen Presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16x9 TVs.