Title - 'Legends: Crank It Up!' [Hybrid SACD - DSD]
Artist - Various
To be quite frank, the moment you see the complete track listing for this incredible, simply incredible compilation CD you know you're in for an hour of the greatest (remastered) classic rock.
To quote their press release for a minute, "Audio Fidelity is proud to introduce something new in the realm of compilation albums. For the first time ever we have assembled the original masters of some of the rocks biggest stars and greatest hits and remastered these classics for Hybrid SACD."
There ya go - I couldn't have explained it better myself! Indeed, and furthermore their first two collections in this Legend's series - Get It On! and Crank It Up! - are actually based on the original TimeLife Legends series. Having cranked the volume on each recording to 11 (I know you get that meaning, all you ST fans!), they have quite literally taken each volume of recordings to another sonic level.
Audio Fidelity has spent months gathering the 34 (17 on each CD) best available individual masters of the all-time rock standards and included them on each Hybrid SACD. The result is that, although it will take a discerning ear to make the difference - in my humble opinion - you are honestly hearing these songs as crystal clear, as stellar-sounding as you have never heard them before (if that makes sense!).
Produced by Steve Hoffman, Legends: Crank It Up! is just perfect for all classic rock lovers, all be they still probably true lovers of their well-kept original vinyl LPs, in truth. That said, I'm not too sure why 'In the Air Tonight' by Phil Collins and 'Daniel' from Elton John are on here as neither are really a classic rock "crank it up" kinda track! But, each to their own, as we say!
1. Does Anybody Really Know (Chicago)
2. Listen To The Music (The Doobie Brothers)
3. Good Lovin (The Rascals)
4. Tonight's The Night (Rod Stewart)
5. Running On Empty (Jackson Browne)
6. In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
7. Time of the Season (The Zombies)
8. How Long (Ace)
9. Dixie Chicken (Little Feat)
10. Truckin (Grateful Dead)
11. Love the One You're With (Stephen Stills)
12. For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)
13. Sister Golden Hair (America)
14. Back on the Chain Gang (The Pretenders)
15. Feels Like the First Time (Foreigner)
16. Daniel (Elton John)
17. Nights In White Satin (The Moody Blues)
Reviewed by: Russell A. Trunk