Title - '27 Faces of a Broken Heart'
Artist - Ramin Partovi
To better prepare you for your listening pleasure, Ramin Partovi's quite stunning new 2CD 27 Faces of a Broken Heart is a musical digestion of a heartbreak and the emotional phases and forms it took in the following months.
The message: no matter how hard it hits you, is give it some time, accept a little help from your friends, maybe even some inspiration from your heroes, and you will be fine.
As for the man himself, Ramin Partovi is a German guitar player and aviator. Born to a German mother and an Iranian father, he early on in his life gravitated towards his love for music, learning guitar and other instruments and founding/ playing in several original bands.
To meet means end be pursued a pilot career, collected over 10000 hours in the air on large jet aircraft, became a commercial Boeing 737 Captain and recently developed an interest and passion for aerobatic flying.
However, his heart and real passion was, and will always be, in music. He studied guitar and music business at Musicians Institute Hollywood and currently resides in Los Angeles.
This brand new double album from Partovi features 27 works of musical art alongside Simon Phillips, Jimmy Johnson and Carl Verheyen, and is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most ambitious, and personal albums that I've come across in the past decade.
2. '27' (Yussi Wenger's Version)
3. '27' (Brent Mason's Version)
4. '27' (Jinshi Ozaki's Version)
5. '27' (Tom Kolb's Version)
6. '27' (Jon Reshard's Version)
7. '27' (Scott Henderson's Version)
8. '27' (Andy Becht's Version)
9. '27' (Ervin Toucet's Version)
10. '27' (Ernesto Homeyer's Version)
11. '27' (Erick Walls Version)
12. '27' (Doug Rappoport's Version)
13. '27' (Masta Edwards Version)
1. '27' (Carl Verheyen's Version)
2. '27' (McCoy Mason's Version)
3. '27' (Jeffery Marshall's Version)
4. '27' (Robin Siedschlag's Version)
5. '27' (Brent Mason's 2nd Version)
6. '27' (Brad Bailey's Version)
7. '27' (Oz Noy's Version)
8. '27' (Jeff Richman's Version)
9. '27' (Mike Stern's Version)
10. '27' (Gabriel Forsman's Version)
11. '27' (Mark Lettieri's Version)
12. '27' (Dean Brown's Version)
13. '27' (Giuseppe Vasapolli's Version)
14. '27' (Initial Studio Version)
"In the song 27, I connect with, and reflect on a time in 2007 where I've been very heartbroken," Partovi explains. "After 9 months of a very turbulent relationship it felt as if she ripped my beating heart out alive, stepped on it with long high heels and I started twitching."
"I moved 1550 miles away and it took me 1.5 years to digest this emotionally. The song reflects on the moods, my pain and struggle at this time, the emotional wounds and the overcoming of this demon over the following years."
CD + Digital Purchase Link