Title - 'The Man From Snowy River And Other Themes'
Artist - Bruce Rowland
For those of you not in the know, Bruce Rowland is a well-known Australian composer. He composed the soundtrack for the 1982 movie 'The Man from Snowy River', as well as the soundtrack for its 1988 sequel 'The Man from Snowy River II' (which has the United States title of 'Return to Snowy River', and the United Kingdom title of 'The Untamed').
Both films were based on Banjo Paterson's poem The Man from Snowy River. His other film scores include Now and Forever (1983), Phar Lap (1983), Bushfire Moon (1987), Cheetah (1989), Weekend with Kate (1990), Gross Misconduct (1993), Andre (1994), Lightning Jack (1994), Zeus and Roxanne (1997) and the TV movie Tidal Wave: No Escape (1997).
He composed a special Olympics version of the main theme of 'The Man from Snowy River Suite', as well as conducting the orchestra, for the Opening Ceremony of the 2000 Summer Olympics which were held in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
With the soundtrack from the wonderful family film 'The Man From Snowy River' already now being established as one of the most memorable movie soundtracks ever composed, Varese Sarabande have just released The Man From Snowy River And Other Themes for Piano. Complete with 12 tracks that explore his work, and showcase it perfectly at the very same time, this music from Bruce Rowland fills the soul with it's powerful orchestration over and over.
1. Jessica’s Theme (from The Man From Snowy River) (3:30)
2. All the Rivers Run (Theme from the MiniSeries) (5:43)
3. Sea Ballet (from Andre) (2:36)
4. Taming Paint (from Ponderosa) (2:55)
5. Gunsmoke — The Last Apache (2:11)
6. Choices (from Backstage) (2:08)
7. Main Theme (from The Cup) (2:52)
8. We’ll Be Thinking of You (from Adventure Island) (3:10)
9. Love Theme (from Anzacs) (2:18)
10. Pharlap (2:47)
11. By The Fireside (from The Man From Snowy River 2) (2:16)
12. Suite from The Man From Snowy River (7:52)
Every time I listen to his works I am swept away, my mind encapsulated by the stirring, at times magical music that comes forth from Rowland's fingertips. I mean, and in all honesty, if you close your eyes and allow yourself to be taken away by this CD, you can almost visualize each scene from the segments of movies they are lovingly taken from as it plays.
CD Purchase Link