Title - ‘Devilution: The Early Years 1981-1993’
Artist - London May
For those not acquainted with him, London May is an American rock drummer, born in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, but raised in Baltimore, MD. He is best known for playing drums in Glenn Danzig's post-Misfits/pre-Danzig punk/goth band Samhain, which he joined in the summer of 1985. May played on the group's best known release, November-Coming-Fire as well as Samhain Live '85–'86 and the bonus tracks on the 2001 re-release of the band's last album Final Descent.
Devilution: The Early Years 1981-1993 is a devilishly good sampling of the early years and evolution of the revered stickman, and showcases May’s numerous musical ties with seminal punk/noise bands in the '80s and early '90s! Featuring rare tracks by Samhain and Circle Jerks, plus tracks by pioneering hardcore punks Dag Nasty, Lunch Box (with TSOL's Ron Emory), Distorted Pony (produced by Steve Albini), and more, Devilution: The Early Years 1981-1993 is as frenetically brilliant as you could ever have hoped for it to be!
1. “Fist Fight” – Rat Patrol
2. “Talons and Claws” – Reptile House
3. “Sleestak Weather” – Reptile House
4. “To Walk The Night” (Live ’99) – Samhain
5. “What I See“ – Voice of Doom
6. “The Godfather” (Live) – Dag Nasty
7. “Can I Say” (Live) – Dag Nasty
8. “Shaky On The Wrong Floor” – Reuben Radding
9. “Nuthin’” – Lunch Box
10. “Number One” – Dead, White and Blue
11. “Come and Get It “– Dead, White and Blue
12. “How Many More?” – Dogpile
13. “HOD” – Distorted Pony
14. “Dept. of Existence” – Distorted Pony
15. “Wonderful” (Live Audition) – Circle Jerks
Packaged with a full-color booklet that includes never before seen photos, an introduction by Will Oldham (Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy) and extensive liner notes written by London May himself, Devilution: The Early Years 1981-1993 either introduces you to a man you might well like to get to know better, or simply enhances his reputation to you; one rap of his taut skin at a time!
Oh, and with regard that aforementioned taut skin, London May exclusively plays, and is proudly endorsed by the "best of the best"; Gretsch Drums, Paiste Cymbals, Gibraltar Hardware, Vic Firth Drumsticks, Evans Drumheads, and Fender Bass Guitars.