Title - 'Orphan Black' - Original TV Soundtrack + Score
Artist - Various + Trevor Yuile
Released simultaneously, Orphan Black: Original Television Soundtrack and Orphan Black: Original Television Score are both perfect accompaniments to the just-finished Season Three TV series.
For those not quite in the know on the show yet, 'Orphan Black' is a Canadian science fiction television series created by screenwriter Graeme Manson and director John Fawcett, starring Tatiana Maslany as several identical people who are, in fact, clones. The series focuses on Sarah Manning, a woman who assumes the identity of one of her clones, Elizabeth Childs, after witnessing Childs' suicide. The series raises issues about the moral and ethical implications of human cloning and its effect on issues of personal identity.
On the Orphan Black: Original Television Soundtrack, we get songs from artists that range diversely from Meredith Brooks, Tears For Fears, The Troggs on through to Young Empires, Foxygen, Matthew Dear and The Belle Game.
1. 'Theme From Orphan Black' (Two Fingers) (00:36)
2. 'Rain Of Gold' (Young Empires) (3:16)
3. 'It Ain't You' (The Ettes) (2:23)
4. 'Earthforms' (Matthew Dear) (3:33)
5. 'Mon Ton Ton' (Humans) (4:38)
6. 'Shuggie' (Foxygen) (3:21)
7. 'Bitch' (Merideth Brooks) (4:13)
8. 'Blame Fiction' (The Belle Game) (3:51)
9. 'Live In The Bedroom' (Tim Moxam) (4:53)
10. 'Head Over Heels' (Tears For Fears) (4:15)
11. 'Crazy' (Diana Salvatore) (3:14)
12. 'When I Was Abroad' (Daniel Romano) (2:16)
13. 'West End Sky' (Elliott Brood) (2:39)
14. 'Love Is All Around' (The Troggs) (3:01)
The "pop" soundtrack, of the two releases, if you will, from the award winning TV Series, it has been put together carefully so that it features key tracks that helped create the sound of the show that we know and love today. As if to cement this act, the album kicks off with the actual 'Orphan Black Theme' by Two Fingers (alter-ego of electronic musician Amon Tobin).
Available separately is the complete Orphan Black Original Score album, featuring original compositions from Trevor Yuile. In fact, and as much as it, once again, features (and begins with) the aforementioned 'Orphan Black Theme' by Two Fingers (Amon Tobin), this soundtrack score actually features the score from the first two seasons of the series.
1. 'Orphan Black Theme (Two Fingers)' (0:38)
2. 'Previously On' (1:07)
3. 'Kira's Cue' (1:47)
4. 'We Meet Helena' (1:48)
5. 'Organic Eggs' (2:32)
6. 'Duncan's Demise' (2:00)
7. 'Unconditional Surrender' (2:07)
8. 'Kira & Intervention' (3:06)
9. 'They're Killing Us' (1:42)
10. 'An Honour' (2:55)
11. 'Cosima's Treatment' (1:45)
12. 'Alison Kills' (3:20)
13. 'Marriage of Helena' (2:14)
14. 'I Killed Ainsley' (0:49)
15. 'Seqeunce of Events' (1:32)
16. 'Cosima's Dying' (0:57)
17. 'Farewell Thomas' (1:17)
18. 'Rachael Meets Duncan' (1:31)
19. 'Maggie Chen Crime Re-enact' (3:58)
20. 'Rachael's Home Videos' (1:40)
21. 'Endless Forms Most Beautiful' (7:19)
Trevor Yuile has been doing this TV scoring gig for a long time now - 'How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?,' 'Stella and Sam,' 'King' - and even has another currently-on-TV gig working alongside 'Orphan Black' in the brand new show, 'Killjoys.' But here on these opening two seasons worth of score, he tackles each problem, each encounter that our lead actor goes through as if he as pacing alongside her also.
A perfect match of visuals and mood, creating a dark inevitability, Yuile's 'Orphan Black' score is incredible, sensual, provocative, dangerous, suspenseful and nothing short of musical storytelling at its finest.